News & Views
March 19, 2019
KSE-100 index gained 545 points yesterday, to close at 38852 with
100mn shares being traded. Top performance as per price change was
witnessed in BATA, INDU and MUREB; top decliners were COLG, PMPK
and ATLH. Activity was mainly concentrated in Power Generation &
Distribution, Commercial Banks and Cement.
Banking Sector Update: Dated:03/14/19
- 'Proliferation of Pakistani N-programme a threat for US'
- Mahathir's visit: Pakistan, Malaysia may sign various MoUs,
- WB's eight-point reform agenda: 'Control population to prosper'
- IMF team to be invited for talks next month
- 'Pakistan, IMF agree on policy direction'
- Finance ministry takes PQA to task on LNG terminal delay
- Singaporean firm keen to invest in Pakistan's shipping industry
- CCP terms CAA-OMCs agreement "anti-competitive"
- 'FBR preparing largest tax evaders list'
- FBR faces Rs35bln in revenue shortfall from diesel, petrol
- Cotton production falls 7pc
- PSX, QFC sign deal
- PM takes sympathetic view of PIA"s woes
- ADB scouting investment ventures
- Fire suspends business activities at FTC building
- Return filers increase to 1.74mln
- PYMA rejects valuation ruling